Waynesburg University will offer a Cyber and Financial Crime Conference Tuesday, May 8.
The conference will have three tracks, including CPA & Forensic Accounting, Law Enforcement and Cyber Security. Professionals in each of the three areas are invited to attend the conference. The cost is $35.
The conference will address timely topics in the fields of cyber security and financial crimes. Presentations will be made on the following topics: Internet Crime, Digital Currencies, The Dark Net, Digital Evidence Recovery, Cyber Security Breaches, Email and Computer Disruptions and Compromises, Money Laundering and Employment Tax.
A welcome will be offered by U.S. Attorney Scott Brady, and the keynote address will be given by Robert Cessar, Assistant U.S. Attorney for the Western District of Pennsylvania, on the subject of health care fraud and the opioid crisis.
Brady is the United States Attorney for the Western District of Pennsylvania. He was appointed by President Donald Trump on September 18, 2017, and confirmed by the United States Senate on December 14, 2017. As United States Attorney, Scott oversees the prosecution of all federal crimes and the litigation of civil matters in which the federal government has an interest throughout the twenty-five counties in Western Pennsylvania.
Cessar joined the office of the United States Attorney for the Western District of Pennsylvania in 1990 as an Assistant U.S. Attorney assigned to the White Collar Crimes Unit. In 2002, he was appointed the First Assistant United States Attorney. In 2009, he was appointed Acting United States Attorney. In 2011, he joined the Fraud and Public Corruption Section and in 2017, he was appointed the head of the Opioid Fraud and Abuse Detection Unit for the Western District of Pennsylvania.
Other speakers include:
- Kurt Petro, Cyber Crime Scene Specialist at the National White Collar Crime Center
- Cathy Hill, Carolyn Ross and Caroline Adams, Management and Program Analysts with the FBI, currently detailed to Internet Crime Compliant Center
- Michael McKeown, FBI Supervisory Special Agent at the Pittsburgh Field Office Cyber Division
- Justin A. Sarvey, FBI IT Forensic Examiner
- Robert Kickbush, Special Agent for the Internal Revenue Service Criminal Investigation and Cybercrimes and Identity Theft Coordinator for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- Robert Leuenberger, Special Agent for the Internal Revenue Service Criminal Investigation
- Janet Isman, Special Agent for the Internal Revenue Service Criminal Investigation and Employment Tax Coordinator for the Western District of Pennsylvania
For more information or to register, contact Sarah Bell at 724-852-7790.