Individuals who hold a bachelor's degree may be eligible to pursue a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree.
The Nursing as a Second Degree Program is designed to allow qualified second-degree students the opportunity to complete degree requirements in 3 semesters and 2 summers. The program is a traditional day program with classes meeting two to three times a week during 15-week semesters and daily through the summer sessions.
Steps to Apply for Nursing as a Second Degree
- Fill out the online Nursing as a Second Degree application.
- Submit an official transcript indicating a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education. If a bachelor's degree has not yet been attained, but will by the May start of the program, the Admissions Committee will review the transcript on an individual basis.
- Send official transcript(s) from step two to:
Office of Admissions
51 W College St.
Waynesburg PA, 15370
- A one-page essay addressing why you want to become a nurse.
- Proof of completion of the following prerequisites with a grade of C or higher:
- Human Development: A Life Span Perspective
- Human Anatomy with a lab
- Human Physiology with a lab
- And, must fulfill all stated admission requirements listed under the Basic BSN section (TOEFL iBT scores and criminal record checks) of the academic catalog.
- Stay tuned. The Admissions Committee may request additional information, including but not limited to high school transcripts, additional test scores, letters of recommendation and/or a personal interview. The Admissions Committee also reserves the right to recalculate a GPA based on all colleges/universities attended.
If you have questions about the Nursing as a Second Degree Program, please contact the Office of Admissions at email@example.com or 1-800-225-7393.