Men's and Women's Basketball
- Basic rules of basketball will be followed
Intramural Basketball Format for 2013
From January – March there will be 3 intramural basketball leagues to choose from; Men’s, Women’s, and Co-ed. Please sign up using MyConnect prior to Friday January 18th. The following is pertinent information regarding the parameters of each league. If there are any questions please call Matt Stansfield at 814-573-6733.
· All games will be played on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday nights between the hours of 9:30pm and 11:30pm
· Each team must have a minimum of 7 players and a maximum of 10 players.
· Varsity Basketball players cannot participate.
· Co-ed teams must play 2 females at all times and must have at least 3 females on the roster.
· Students are eligible to participate in the Co-ed League in addition to the Male or Female league.
· Games will run through the final week of school before spring break
Teams will have until 5 minutes after their scheduled playing time to field a minimum of 4 members of their roster.
Any team failing to field a team in the required grace period will forfeit.
All Baskets will be counted as 2 points until the championship game.
The team with the most points at the end of the game wins.
SPORT SPECIFIC RULES
· Roster changes must be reported to Matt Stansfield by February 1st.
· No varsity basketball players are permitted to play.
· Games will be played 5 v 5.
· Each game consists of two 15 minute halves. It is a running clock until the last one minute of the second half where the clock stops for dead balls.
· Half-time is 5 minutes
· All fouls on the floor are non-shooting fouls until the last minute of the second half, when all fouls are 2 shot fouls. All shooting fouls are 2 shot fouls.
· Forfeits can play for fun.
Any fouls, violations, and penalties will be called by the referee and play will be blown dead.
Fouls, violations, and penalties that will be called include
Each team is allotted 2 one-minute time outs per game, one per half.
Each team may have a roster of 7-10 players.
Roster changes must be reported directly to Matt Stansfield BEFORE February 1st.
Substitutions may occur during dead ball times only.
There is no swearing or arguing (towards teammates, opponents, bookkeepers, timekeepers or referees). There will also be no fighting tolerated. Each team will receive one warning and any second offense will result in a technical foul. Any following offenses will result in an ejection. If ejected the player in not permitted back in the gym during intramurals.