The objectives of the Exercise Science program are to:
- Provide a thorough understanding of the human body and the physiological responses to exercise
- Demonstrate and teach a variety of training exercises
- Utilize various exercise theories and techniques
- Provide in-depth knowledge of fitness assessment and prescription
- Prepare students to challenge national certification examinations
The Exercise Science program offers two areas of study leading to a Bachelor of
- Wellness/Physiology Track – Students pursue careers in a variety of settings and would be directly involved in exercise prescription, community health and wellness. Students are also prepared for further education in graduate or professional programs.
- Fitness Management Track – Students have a focus on not only health and wellness, but also an emphasis in the business aspect of the Exercise and Healthcare Industry.
There is also and Exercise Science option available